Bridgetown is a town on the Caribbean island of Barbados.
|no tourist information on Wikidata:|
Bridgetown Bay was divided into two parts by the swampy Constitiution River during the preColombian period. Even the Indians who lived there had built a simple wooden footbridge over it. On July 5, 1628, 64 British settlers, led by Charles Wolverstone, settled there. It was originally called "The Bridge", Indian Bridge or Indian Bridgetown. In the medieval town of Bridgetown, a moving bridge was built to allow sailboats to enter the inner basins of the Careenage (Kielholplatz) for the purpose of capturing the keel.
On the southern side of the Careenage there was an island in the 15th century, Little Island. In 1656 William Withnigton had a fort built for 80,000 British pounds here. Today, the Coast Guard has its base in Willoughby´s Fort.
The Anglican Church was and is the dominant state church. It was only after the Connaught Rangers' Irish regiment was stationed on the island that 1835 Catholic priests were allowed to settle on the island.
There was never a plan during the founding decades of how the roads should be built. The first island of Parliament was founded around 1640. The exact location of the Parliament building is no longer known, but the State House was between Upper Broad Street and High Street. In 1668, it was destroyed by a fire and the parliament was forced to meet in inns. In 1695, Governor Francis Russell proposed building a new assembly house, which was completed in 1701. But back in 1704, the parliamentarians had to move back to restaurants. Her parliament building was used as a prison until 1730.
In 1842, Bridgetown was given town rights. In May 1854, 18,000-20,000 people died from a cholera epidemic. Hurricanes and fire disasters have repeatedly destroyed the warehouses at the port. In the years between 1673 and 1910, 12 large fires were documented.
In 1872 to 1874 the Parliament buildings and Trafalgar Square were built.
Since 1885 there has been a "public transport" in the city - a railway drawn by horses. The Barbados Tramway Company operated 25 vehicles on five different lines at peak times, which had a combined length of 17 km. In December 1910, the tramway company was sold to an American investor and renamed Bridgetown Tramway Company. The Americans planned to extend the tracks to Speightstown and Oistins, but the plans were never implemented. Transport was suspended in the second half of 1925. In 1907, buses operated by Bridgetown Gasoline were already operating.
During the economic crisis of the 1930's, the number of unemployed rose dangerously. Civil unrest erupted. The British Colonial Office provided substantial funds to calm the population. Reforms were also reluctantly introduced that gave more rights to the people of color.
On the street
Bridgetown is located in the southwest corner of the island. All the highways start here, making it easy to reach the city from all parts of the country.
Bridgetown international airport is about 9 mi southeast of the hotel, so it takes half an hour to get there by car.
Port of Bridgetown is located on the western outskirts of the city. The timetable shows that in the high season from December to March up to 5 cruise ships of all major shipping lines dock Breakwater at 1Bridgetown Cruise Terminal. From the passenger terminal to the city center and back you have to pass a passport control on your own. In practice, a boarding pass is sufficient.
- Adam's Rentals, Lakes Folly. Tel: 436-0543, Fax: 431-0118.
- Coconut Cars, Bay Street, Bayside. Tel: 437-0297, Fax: 228-9820.
- Corbin´s Car Rental, Upper Collymore Rock. Tel: 427-9531, Fax: 427-7975.
- Drive-A-Matic, Lower Carlton, St. James. Tel: 422-4000, Fax: 422-1966.
- National Car Rental, Lower Carlton. Tel: 422-0603, Fax: 422-1966.
- Triple C Rentals, Shell Bank Hall Complex. Tel: 437-2829, Fax: 429-2602.
- West End Car Rental, Mall Internationale, Haggatt Hall. Tel: 429-8963, Fax: 436-8305.
- Esso automarkets, Black Rock. Tel: 425-1017. Opened: 24 hours.
- Esso, Tweedside Road. Tel: 426-3803, Fax: 435-0529.
- Shell Bank Hall, Bank Hall Corner Strathclyde. Tel: 436-2506.
- Shell Mapp Hill Service Station, Mapp Hill. Tel: 427-0371.
- Shell Service Station, Roebuck Street. Tel: 436-6719.
- Texaco Harmony Hall Service Station, Harmony Hall. Tel: 426-5347.
- 1 Barbados Museum, St. Ann´s Garrison. Tel: +1 246 427 0201, +1 246 436 1956, Fax: +1 246 429 5946. The National Museum, built in 1817-1821 as a British military prison in Georgian style, has been a museum since 1933. The extensive collections on the history of the island include objects used by the Indians; information on sugar cane cultivation and slavery; historical maps dating back to 1695; historical prints and paintings, furniture, silver cutlery, ceramics and archeological finds. There is a children's gallery with dolls and toys from the Victorian era. There is also a military-historical section. Here's one of all the jail cell and parts of a German submarine that was stranded in Carlisle Bay in 1942. A permanent exhibition on relations with Africa was set up last. It contains an excellent collection of fine African art and crafts. There is a restaurant, cafe and souvenir shop. Opened: library: Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. Museum: Mon - Sat 9.00 - 17.00, Sun 14.00 - 18.00. Price: entry: $11.50 Bds, children $5.75 Bds.
- Willoughby Fort. It was equipped with 40 cannons to protect the city.
- 2 St. Michael´s Anglican Cathedral, St. Michael´s Row. The largest and second oldest church on the island, the first building in 1655 was completely destroyed by a hurricane in 1780. The current building dates from the years 1784-1786 and can accommodate 1,600 people. In 1825 the church was consecrated to the cathedral.
- 3 St. Patrick´s Cathedral. The small Catholic community laid the foundations for this church on December 24, 1840. Due to the lack of funds, the building was only completed in 1849 and burned down on June 13, 1897. It was rebuilt from shared donations of all denominations and inaugurated on March 17, 1899. After Bridgetown and Kingstown were merged into a bistum, the Bishop of Barbados and St. Vincent raised the church to a cathedral stand on March 18, 1970.
- 4 synagogue and Jewish cemetery, Lane magazine. Tel: The synagogue dates back to 1654 and is one of the oldest communities in the New World. The founders were Dutch Jews from Pernambuco, Brazil. They followed Cromwell's declaration of freedom of religion and brought the sugar cane to the island. In 1681, 260 Jews already lived on the island. However, the building was destroyed by a hurricane in 1831, a new house was built in 1833 for the community of 90 Jews on Barbados, until 1929 the community shrank to one person. Due to the declining number of Jews, the building fell. The building was sold to a private investor who turned it into offices. In 1983, the site was bought by the government, which initially planned to demolish the building to build a new courthouse. In the meantime the synagogue has been restored by its municipality. The tombstones on the Jewish cemetery date back to the year 1630. Opened: Mon - Fri 9:00 - 16:00.
- 5 Chamberlain Bridge. The Chamberlain Bridge over the Careenage had many predecessor wooden buildings that were repeatedly destroyed by floods, fire or hurricanes. The present building was inaugurated on April 18, 1872 but damaged by a hurricane again in 1898 and reopened in 1900. Two men were sufficient to open the vibrating bridge so that small ships could pass. Joseph Chamberlain was the British colonial secretary. Since 1984 the mechanism for opening was defective. In 2006 the bridge was completely renovated and converted into a bridge.
- Charles Duncan O'Neal Bridge. The wooden predecessor, the Victoria Bridge, was replaced by a railway bridge in 1901-1902. In 1967 it had to be replaced by the present building. Charles Duncan O`Neal ( 1879-1936 ) was one of the fathers of the democratic movement in Barbados.
- Baxters Street. It is: this street never sleeps. There you will find many small Rum shops and restaurants open until 4 or 5 o'clock in the morning.
- Bay Street. Running from the Careenage in a southern direction, the government headquarters call itself "Esplanade" and as Highway 7 passes the Garrison Savannah. Only 350 m south of Careenage was a quarantine hospital on the lake since 1826. In 1887 it was closed again and was then used by the port police. In the recent past, the old buildings were demolished. The Bayshore Complex is located there today.
- Broad Street. The shopping streets of the city are lined with banks, restaurants and shopping areas of Plaza.
- Faichild Street. It is located south of the Careenage, where one of the bus stations has been operating since 1985. In the meantime the buses park in a weather-proof hall.
- James Street. Start at the point where High Street enters Roebock Street and pass the synagogue and court to the west.
- Nelson Street. South of Careenage is the Rotlicht district of Bridgetown.
- Roebuck Street. Roebuck Street is the extension of the High Street that starts at Independence Square. Rehbock Street is one of the oldest streets in the city. Nowadays there are a wide variety of wholesalers, retailers and supermarkets.
- Swan Street. The second most important commercial street, named after Captain John Swan, who is said to have surveyed the main road under Governor Wolverstone.
- Tudor Street. Another old street. In 1670, the Quakers' first assembly house was established there. To the north, Tudor Street goes to Baxters Road.
- Victoria Street. Narrow pedestrian street, parallel to Broad Street, is full of small shops, where you can shop more cheaply.
- the river. The Constitution River is the extension of the Careenage. In 2007 the section between Charles Duncan O´Neal Bridge and James Tudor roundabout was rebuilt and renewed. The narrow channel was excavated and extended, new pavements with lighting were built on both sides.
- Jubilee Garden, next to St. Mary's Church. This greenery dates back to 1888 and its name dates back to Queen Victoria's anniversary. In 1929, large parts became the parking lot. In 2005 parts were rebuilt and greenery.
- 6 Independence Square, between Chamberlain Bridge and Charles Duncan Bridge, across from National Heroes Square. It was used as a parking lot for decades. In 2007, the square was rebuilt and it is a green area. In the center is the statue of Errol W. Barrow.
- Queen's Park. Originally the headquarters of Lord Stapleton Combermere, Captain General, the Commander-in-Chief of British forces in western India. The former residence, a 2-story building in pink and white dating from 1783, was renovated in 1973. There is a small theater and an art gallery. After the military's withdrawal, the site became a public park in 1909, with an African tree (monkey bread tree) that is believed to be more than 1,000 years old and has an area of about 18 meters. Nobody knows today how this tree, which has its home in Africa, came here.
- 7 Trafalgar Square. Renamed National Heroes Square in 1999, it has a statue of Lord Nelson and a fountain in the middle.
- High Court. court building. Governor Sir Richard Dutton bought the property for the government in 1682. From 1683 to 1728 there was a public warehouse. It was demolished to build a town hall and prison in a building in the same place. The prison was closed in 1876 by Governor John Pope Hennessy.
- Nelson statue. The Nelson statue in bronze on a square stone base, created in 1813 by Sir Richard Westmacott and placed here to commemorate the British admiral Lord Nelson eight years after his death. Shortly after the death of Nelson, this triangular space was renamed Trafalgar Square by "The Green" in 1806, and now it is the Heroes Square.
- Trafalgar fountain. In 1861 the first water pipes were laid in Bridgetown. The newspaper "Barbadian" suggested that a fountain be built in the city center to commemorate it. In 1865 the fountain named Dolphin Fountain was completed, and in 1882 the green was built around it.
- Warrior monument for the fallen of the I. World War. Next to the Trafalgar fountain is an obelisk, the war monument for the fallen of the I. World War. In 1925, the three bronze panels with the names of the fallen were revealed. In 1953, a fourth table for the fallen of the Second World War came. World War.
- Public Buildings. The Parliament building and National Archives, the West wing was completed in 1871, the East wing in 1874. The Gothic construction started here after a fire devastated the old parliament in 1868. The colored glass windows show British monarchs of King Jacob I. as far as Queen Victoria. The western wing was rebuilt in 2006. There is now the Gallery of National Heroes and the Parliament Museum.
- Codrington House. In the 16th century it was the house of Christopher Codrington I.
- Manor house Tyrol Cot. Built in 1854 by the famous architect of his time, William Farnum. It served as the home of the first Prime Minister Sir Grantley Adams and is the birthplace of Prime Minister J. M. G. Mr. Adams. The entire complex has been restored by the Barbados National Trust. Today, there are also a few typical "Chattel Houses" and a village of craftsmen on the site.
- Cool Runnings, Catamaran Cruise, Carlisle House, Hincks Street. Tel: 436-0911, Fax: 429-2596.
- Harbor Master Cruises, The Shallow Draught. Tel: 430-0900.
- Heatwave Sailing Cruises, The Boatyard Complex, Lower Bay Street. Tel: 228-8142, Fax: 228-7720.
- Rubaiyat Catamaran Cruises, Cavans Lane. Tel: 436-6921.
- Silver Moon Charters, 69 Clerview Heights. Tel: 438-2088.
- Tall Ship, The Shallow Draught. Tel: 430-0900.
- Billfisher II, Bridge House, Cavans Lane, Careenage. Tel: 431-0741.
- Academy of Jeet Kune Do, 1st floor, Bajan Mall, 15 Roebuck Street. Tel: 429-3027.
- Kensington Oval in the Fontable district. Tel: 436-1397. Built in 1882 and completely renovated in 2007 for the World Championships, it is one of the four oldest internationally recognized cricket courts in the Caribbean.
- 3 W's Oval, UWI, Cave Hill Campus.
- Hazells Waterworld, Boat Yard Complex, Bridgetown. Tel: 426-4043, Fax: 426-4043.
- Eco Dive Barbados, House Of Pillars, Cavans Lane. Tel: 426-3058.
- Roger´s Scuba Shack, Boat Yard Complex. Tel: 436-3483.
- Underwater Barbados (PADI), Bay Street, Carlisle Bay. Tel: 426-0655, Fax: 426-0655.
- Atlantis Adventure, The Shallow Draft. Tel: 436-8968 (reservation), 436-8932 (info), fax: 436-8828. 28 seats, no children under 4 years. Price: Offer prices: 1 adult 99 Bds $, second adult half price.
- Cool Runnings (Catamaran), Carlisle Wharf, Hincks Street. Tel: 436-0911, Fax: 429-2596. Price: Snorkels Cruise daily 9.30 - 14.30 170 Bds $, Sunset Snorchel Cruise, Mi 15.00 - 19.00 150 Bds $.
- Heatwave Sailing Cruises, Royal Mail Building, Cavans Lane, Bridgetown. Tel: 429-9283, Fax: 430-0293.
- Jolly Roger Cruises, Shallow Draught Harbor, Bridgetown Harbor. Tel: 430-0900, Fax: 430-0901. Pirate ship, drives Bridgetown-Holetown and back. Price: Price per person 125 Bds dollars for 4 hours.
- Silver Moon, 69 Clerview Heights. Tel: 438-2088, Fax: 438-3650.
- Tall Ships, Shallow Draught Harbor, Bridgetown Harbor. Tel: 430-0900, Fax: 430-0901.
- Tiami, Shallow Draught Harbor, Bridgetown Harbor. Tel: 427-7245. Price: daily Lunch Cruise 10.00 - 15.00, 85 US $; So Tiami Sunset Cocktail Cruise 16.00 - 19.00, 55 US $.
Bridgtown is a single large shopping paradise in the center, with rum shops and restaurants. In addition to many small shops, there is also a large number of shopping centers and several large malls.
- Beckwith Mall, Hincks Street / Lower Broad Street. Tel: 228-0224.
- Broad Street Mall, Broad Street. Tel: 431-0198.
- Cave Shepherd Shopping Center, Broad Street.
- 146 City Mall, 146 Roebuck Street - Highway 3.
- DaCostas's Mall, Broad Street. Tel: 431-0936.
- Dawood Plaza, Swan Street.
- Gateway Mall, James Street / Tudor Street.
- Hollywood Plaza, Swan Street.
- Kash Mall, James Street.
- Kays House, Roebuck Street.
- Mall 34, 34 Broad Street. Tel: 435-8800.
- Mall International, Haggatt Hall. Tel: 430-8004.
- Moon Diamond Mall, High Street.
- Norman Center Mall, Broad Street. Tel: 228-6651, Fax: 228-7824.
- One Accord Plaza, Warren. Tel: 425-4694.
- Pandora´s Plaza, High Street.
- Pelican Craft Center. This shopping center has been specially designed for tourists.
- Pelican Craft Center, Princess Alice Highway. Tel: 427-5350, Fax: 426-7802. Articrafts, Webs, Arts, Tel. 431-0044; Art, Crafts, tel. 426-7822; Bagnall´s Point Gallery, Arts, tel. 228-5820; Bajan Art Forms, Arts, tel. 228-0274; Barbados Crafts Council Shoppe, Arts, Woodcarving, tel. 426-5213; Cork & Bottle Bistro, tel. 426-5674; Fine Art Framing, Arts, tel. 426-5325; Iceland Crafts, tel. 426-4391; Little Seeders, Memorial, Arts, tel. 431-9846; Roots & Grasses, Fleece, Arts, tel. 431-0588; Roslyn of Barbados, Memorial, Arts, tel. 426-3852; Tropical Rhythms, Arts, tel. 426-1129; Tulis Batik Barbados, Batiken, tel. Opened: Mon - Fri 9.00 - 18.00, Sat 9.00 - 14.00.
- Roebuck Plaza, Roebuck Street.
- Satjay Mall, Victoria Street.
- Sunset Mall, Cave Shepherd. Tel: 419-3102, 419-3103.
- Warren's Complex, Warrens.
- Warren West Center, Warrens. Tel: 421-9572.
- Bajan Indian Restaurant, Broad Street Mall. Tel: 271-3313.
- Balcony Restaurant & Beer Garden, 1st floor, Cave Shepherd Shopping Center, Broad Street. Tel: 227-2141.
- Barbecue Barn, Broad Street. Tel: 430-3420. quick meals, cheap.
- Barbecue Barn, Harbor Road. Tel: 430-3385.
- Barbecue Barn, Marhill Street. Tel: 430-3440.
- Barbecue Barn, Upper Broad Street, Heroes Square. Tel: 430-3450.
- Bentley´s Bar & Restaurant, 1st floor, Galleria Mall, Broad Street. Tel: 228-4047.
- Big John´s Restaurant, Mall 34, Broad Street. Tel: 431-0205, Fax: 434-0080.
- Bird's Nest Restaurant & Bar, Upper Bay Street. Tel: 426-2807.
- BJ´s Bar & Restaurant, 116 Roebuck Street. Tel: 431-6042, Fax: 228-7969.
- Bump and Wine Café, Bridge House, Cavans Lane. Tel: 228-4289.
- Café Rose, Canary Mall, Hincks Street. Tel: 426-1181.
- Chefette Restaurant, Charles Rowe Bridge. quick meals.
- Chicken Barn, Bay Street. Tel: 426-3765. quick meals.
- Colin´s Place, Baxters Road. Tel: 426-3751.
- Cork & Bottle Bistro, Pelican Village. Tel: 426-5674.
- De Kitchen, Lower Bay Street. Tel: 427-2214.
- De Port Hole Bar & Grill, Fontable. Tel: 426-9737.
- Desmond´s Restaurant, Baxters Road. Tel: 436-3576.
- Frush Café & Bar, Carlisle Wharf. Tel: 426-0511.
- Grand China Buffet Restaurant & Bar, Mall Internationale, Haggatt Hall. Tel: 437-1500.
- Gussy´s Grill, One Accord Plaza, Warrens. Tel: 424-0199. Barbecue and quick meals.
- Hong Fa, Fairchild Street. Tel: 228-2931. Chinese.
- Ideal restaurant, Cave Shepherd Shopping Center, Broad Street. Tel: 227-2140.
- Indian Grill, Bayside Plaza, Bay Street. Tel: 436-2361.
- Jen´s Cook Shop, 74 Roebuck Street. Tel: 228-1720.
- Johno´s Snack, Baxters Road. Tel: 426-5796.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, Black Rock. Tel: 424-9268. quick meals.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, Fairchild Street. Tel: 436-9342.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken, Trident House, Tudor Street. Tel: 429-8520.
- Lake Gardens Restaurant & Bar, 1st floor, Independence Square. Tel: 436-8500. Chinese.
- Lobster Alive, Wesley House, Bay Street. Tel: 435-0305, Fax: 435-0305. bistro. Opened: 12.00 - 16.30 + 18.00 - 22.00
- Lunch Zone Restaurant, 1st floor, DaCostas Mall, Broad Street. Tel: 431-0034. Opened: Mon - 8.00 - 16.00, Fr 8.00 - 17.00, Sat 8.00 - 15.00.
- Market Five By John Hazzard, Satjay Mall, Victoria Street. Tel: 436-1485.
- Marway Snack & Bar, Charles Row Bridge. Tel: 427-1069.
- Mayflower, Prince William Henry Street. Tel: 426-4734. Chinese.
- Mustor´s Harbor Bar & Restaurant, McGregor Street. Tel: 426-5175.
- Norm´s Restaurant, 131 Roebuck Street. Tel: 427-1517.
- Pink Star, Baxters Road. Tel: 436-1612.
- Pizza Man Doc, 136 Roebuck Street. Tel: 436-8381.
- Pizza Man Doc, Baxters Road. Tel: 436-4571.
- Pizza Man Doc, Satjay Mall, Victoria Street. Tel: 435-6652.
- Red Dragon, 112 Roebuck Street. Tel: 436-7018.
- Red Spot Bar, Marshall Gap corner Baxters Road. Tel: 426-8270.
- Respect For Life Restaurant, Spences Gap Corner Baxters Road. Tel: 436-0283.
- Roti Hut Plus, Satjay Mall, Victoria Street. Tel: 436-1959.
- Ryanne´s Restaurant, 33 Broad Street. Tel: 436-1177.
- Super Q, Reece Road, Cheapside. Tel: 436-5641.
- T N T Barbeque Hut, Marhill Street. Tel: 434-8620. quick meals.
- T N T Barbeque Hut, University Drive. Tel: 424-8620. quick meals.
- Tai Pan, Cheapside. Tel: 435-5338. Chinese.
- The Beef Eater, 39 Swan Street. Tel: 427-5501.
- The Beef Eater, Mall Internationale, Haggatt Hall. Tel: 436-7155, Fax: 228-6942.
- The Beef Eater, Spring Garden Highway. Tel: 427-5466.
- The Beef Eater, Tudor Street. Tel: 4269-1986.
- The Waterfront Café, Cavans Lane. Tel: 427-0093. Western Indian, expensive. Opened: Mon - Sat 12.00 - 15.00 + 18.00 - 22.00, Sun 18.00 - 22.00.
- Theo´s Deli, Tudor Street. Tel: 426-7441.
- Tim´s Restaurant, 43 Swan Street corner Bolton Lane. Tel: 228-0645.
- Tim's Restaurant, Tudor Street. Tel: 427-9281.
- Wings 'N' Tings, Kays House, 18 Roebuck Street. Tel: 228-3356. quick meals.
- Yong's, Bayside Plaza, Bay Street. Tel: 435-9102. Chinese.
- Brigitte International Bar, Nelson Street. Tel: 426-4793.
- Bump and Wine Bar, Bridge House, Cavans Lane. Tel: 228-4289.
- Coconuts Bar & Grill, Bridgetown Cruise Terminal. Tel: 431-0656.
- De Beer Hug Bar & Grill, Pal-Mall, Palmetto Street. Tel: 429-9858.
- Deidree´s Bar, 24 Fairchild Street. Tel: 436-5021.
- Denari Bar & Restaurant, Bay Street. Tel: 426-9999.
- First Slip Bar, Beckles Road Corner Bay Street. Tel: 436-9934.
- Pepper Pot, Nelson Street. Tel: 436-6074.
- Rose Bar, Nelson Street. Tel: 426-8791.
- The Boatyard, Lower Bay Street. Tel: 436-2622, Fax: 228-7720. Opened: daily from 8:30 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Nightclubs and discos
- Club Zanzibar, Nelson Street. Tel: 426-5754.
- Fusion Night Club, Brighton Road, Black Rock. Tel: 425-0498.
- Harbor Lights, Marine Villa, Bay Street. Tel: 436-7225, Fax: 436-5069. Opened: daily from 8:30 p.m. to 1 a.m. Price: Entry varies depending on the event (15-20 US $).
- Matador Night Club, synagogue Lane. Tel: 265-7386.
- Lonely Hearts Club, Rickett Street / Trafalgar Street. Tel: 228-8223.
- Globe Cinemas, Upper Roebuck Street. Tel: 426-4692, Fax: 436-1208. Price: ticket price 8-10 Bds $.
- Nautilus Beach **, Upper Bay Street. Tel: 426-3541, Fax: 430-9191. 14 apartments, beach. Location: 1½ km from the center, near Hilton Hotel at Needhams Point. Price: In summer: Studio $80, apartment $95-110; in winter: Studio 105 US $, apartment 120-135 US $. rental prices plus 15% tax.
- 1 Bayview Hospital, St. Paul´s Avenue, Bayville. Tel: +12464365446, Fax: +1 246 429 3081. private hospital.
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Martindales Road. Tel: 436-6450, Fax: 429-5374. 600 beds.
- Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Ambulance Service, E M I S. Tel.: 426-0015, 426-0016.
- The Sparman Clinic, 21-A George Street, Belleville. Tel: 436-5839, Fax: 436-5842. private clinic for heart disease.
- Woodside Memorial Clinic, Bay Street, Woodside Gardens. Tel: 426-3053, 429-5455.
- Angel´s Pharmacy, One Accord Plaza, Warrens. Tel: 421-2113.
- Bayside Pharmacy, Mall Internationale, Haggatt Hall. Tel: 228-2255, Fax: 429-7619.
- C S Pharmacy, Trident House, Broad Street. Tel: 427-2047, Fax: 429-6204.
- Carledon Drugemporium, Lower Bay Street. Tel: 228-2476.
- Collins Pharmacy, Broad Street. Tel: 426-4515, Fax: 436-7876.
- Cosmopolitan Pharmacy, 121 Roebuck Street. Tel: 436-6101.
- Grants Pharmacy & Cosmetique, Fairchild Street. Tel: 228-0496.
- Grosvenor Pharmacy, Beckles Road. Tel: 436-6842.
- Henley´s Pharmacy, Charles Rowe Birdge. Tel: 436-7417, Fax: 435-1915.
- Jones, 8 High Street. Tel: 426-3241, Fax: 435-0132. drug market. Opened: Mon - 8.00 - 17.00, 08.00 - 18.30, Sat 8.00 - 15.00.
- Standard Pharmacy, Upper Tweedside Road. Tel: 429-3298.
- Total Care Pharmacy, 23 Baxters Road, opposite Jordans Supermarket. Tel: 436-5241.
- Walkes Pharmacy & Drug Store, 47 Tudor Street. Tel: 426-3707.
- Anka Optical, Lower Broad Street. Tel: 426-5719, Fax: 436-5825.
- Anka Optical, Satay Mall, Victoria Street. Tel: 436-1787, Fax: 436-2134.
- Carter Harcourt Optical, St. Michael´s Row. Tel: 436-6494, Fax: 436-9613.
- Express Optical, top floor, Cave Shepherd, Broad Street. Tel: 227-2164, Fax: 431-2027.
- Bank of Butterfield, Collymore Rock. Tel: 431-4570, Fax: 431-9502.
- Bank of Butterfield, Lower Broad Street. Tel: 431-4500, Fax: 429-5734.
- Central Bank of Barbados. Tel: 436-6870, Fax: 427-9559.
- First Caribbean Bank, Broad Street. Tel: 367-2300, Fax: 426-9034. ATM.
- First Caribbean Bank, Fontable. Tel: 431-3800, Fax: 429-5841. ATM.
- First Caribbean Bank, Roebuck Street. Tel: 367-2509, Fax: 424-8977. ATM. Opened: Mon - 8am - 3pm, 8am - 5pm, 5pm - 5pm.
- First Caribbean Bank, Warren's Supercenter. Tel: 417-5510, Fax: 417-5539. ATM. Opened: Mon - Do 9.00 - 16.00, Mon 9.00 - 18.00.
- Royal Bank of Canada, Broad Street. Tel: 467-4000, Fax: 427-8393.
- Royal Bank of Canada, University Drive. Tel: 417-1700, Fax: 424-9630.
- Royal Bank of Trinida & Tobago (RBTT), Broad Street. Tel: 431-2500, Fax: 431-2530.
- Scotiabank, Broad Street. Tel: 426-0230, 431-3000, Fax: 426-0969.
- General Post Office, Cheapside.
- stamp collector: There is a special service for stamp collectors! It is located on the upper floor of the main building. To get there, you have to register with the doorman, enter his name in a book and get a plug-in, which must be returned when you leave the building. You can then take the elevator to the top. In a larger office, the existing stamps and special stamps are selected. They can also be stamped directly there, which is done with great care. The service is excellent!
- Fedex Express, Beckwith Mall. Tel: +1-800-744-3339 (Info).
- Federal Express, Beckwith Mall, Hincks Street / Lower Broad Street. Tel: 429-6403, Fax: 429-5386.
- D H L, James Fort Building, Hincks Street. Tel: 430-8974.
- Goddards Destination Management, Goddards Complex, Fontable. Tel: 426-9918, Fax: 426-7322.
- Going Places, Horizon House, McGregor Street. Tel: 341-2410, Fax: 431-2432.
- Adventureland Jeep tours, The Belle Estate. Tel: 429-3687, Fax: 436-3687.
- Boyces Tours, Crazettes Court. Tel: 425-1103, Fax: 424-1455.
- Forest Safari, Bush Hall Main Road. Tel: 433-0000, Fax: 433-0003.
- Island Safari, Bush Hall Main Road. Tel: 429-5337, Fax: 429-8147. Jeeptouring. Price: Island tour, German, 115 Bds $.
- University of the West Indies (UWI), Cave Hill Campus. Tel: 417-4000, Fax: 425-1327.